I can't believe it, It was 6 crazy degrees Fahrenheit this morning when I went to my car at 6:30am to go to work. It's Christmas Eve for goodness sake. That was just Utah county though because when I got to work in Draper it was 25 degrees, but a little more wind.
So every Christmas morning at 5:00am or so I wake up and go running outside. (This is the primary reason for my cold complaining. I am not looking forward to the temp tomorrow.) I started this in high school my sophomore year when I was trying to be a hard core runner. It was such an amazing experience I have had to continue it ever since, even if I haven't been running much lately. I used to enjoy running in the cold as long as it was not timed. (It was usually more of a job.)
Anyway that first Christmas morning run it had just lightly snowed the night before so it wasn't too cold and there was no one anywhere on the streets. My across the street neighbor had gone to work since he worked at the airport but I think those were the only tire tracks I could see in our neighborhood. I ran about 4 miles up to Bangerter Highway and around some neighborhoods and back home. I know 7000 South was not as busy as it is these days but it was completely empty and I ran down the middle of the road for most of it. It was so quiet and pleasant. Then while I was in a neighborhood I happened to look over into a lighted window and there was this old lady sitting down with her husband with two big cups of a hot drink (I will assume it was hot cocoa since this is Utah.) It was just so sweet and perfect.
Completely different subject: How do people stay motivated posting on their blog. I mean I see all these people that are so faithful at posting and telling the world their lives but I just can't without the thought that maybe someone, somewhere will read it. And maybe that is what everyone uses as their motivation. I have one person who has subscribed to, "follows," my blog (and that is my wife), and I don't even know if she reads it. Every time I do post I really do hope that there might be some person out there that just might skim past my blog and just think that is cool that that is what he is up to these days. I am not complaining because I am really bad at saying hi to people's blogs and facebooks and stuff because my self-esteem suffers so I always think they will just think "Why is this creep commenting or talking to me?" but still I check out and read everything I can on old friends wondering if they would still talk to me.
So now that I have run off on a completely weird tangent that was probable info that no one cared about:
Merry Christmas!!!
and if I don't post before then or you don't check back
Happy New Year!!!
Click on items for more information.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment